Saturday, November 13, 2010

Papi Day Mountain Bike Ride


I went for a ride today on the Mountain Bike. I had planned to meet up with friends but I forgot that the main group was out of town so the extended group wouldn't meet up. Silly me for not checking. But this gave me a chance to ride my own pace and to do some reflecting. Well at least I could do some reflecting when I wasn't on the rivet going up or holding on for dear life going down.
Today officially marks one year since my Dad Passed away. In fact it was one year ago on this particular Saturday. It was a rough year. Not because I sat around miserable because he is gone but I had life moments this year, more than I ever imagined and he wasn't there like he has always been. That fact didn't really hit me until this week and it was a big realization for me. I can only imagine what I looked like from the outside. You see, my Dad was always there to talk me through the challenges. Without that I think I let the challenges brew. And in that I think I've been walking around most of the year pissed off. Well that's done folks. No more!
I have a plan with how to get unpissed and that will be covered tomorrow when I throw out my goals. So back to the ride. It was as perfect a morning for mountain biking as you could ask for. That's November in San Diego. Crystal clear morning, sun and no wind. I got lost for a time but that's normal for me. I'm always looking for trails I've never been on. Then I just find my way back. I made it back so it couldn't have been that bad.

The View from the top of the hills I was on. That's the Pacific way out there.
I made it to this point pedaling. This was hard!

Dad, thanks for the morning.

It's a good life....
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment